Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Rare and Beautiful Moment

It is a rare and beautiful moment that I have all 3 of my cats in one place at the same time, and all of them willing to look at the camera!  This shot took six tries, but I finally got one that worked.  They are such fun and such a delight...except when they want attention and then they can drive a person nuts!

Today is my birthday and I have been blessed to receive greetings from many of my friends and most of my family.  I got a bright and early call from Larry, then Lauren called twice.  A surprise phone call from Jeff in Japan came right as I was leaving for a meeting, so I'm glad I didn't miss it!  I came home from the meeting to a special voice mail message where 3 of my grandchildren serenaded me the traditional birthday song.  What a hoot!  I guess no matter how old you get, those cards and personal greetings never get old.  I actually received a portrait made by my grand daughter, Faith.  It is so precious...I will post tomorrow...I really am blessed with good friends and a wonderful family!  Thanks for lunch and supper Cheryl!  Potato soup and American Idol were just what this birthday girl needed tonight.

Quilting Tip of the Day!

A hanging shoe caddy makes a great see-at-glance fat quarter holder!  Look for these caddies at discount and home improvement stores.

3 comments:

Kris ~ Fabric ala Carte (aka The Scrappy Quilter) said...

OK, Kathy...shoot me now! I'm sorry I forgot! Will call soon.

Luann said...

Glad you had a nice birthday!! Hope you get to go out this weekend...tell Larry "hi" too!

Tina said...

oops! i missed it too, didnt look at your blog until today, well...
happy belated birthday!
so glad you are surrounded by loving family and friends =)

Update on our Beloved Mrs. Gray

  Those of you who have been with WIFCaP from the beginning in 2011 and most of the following years of our TNR journey, know and love Mrs. G...