Sunday, September 5, 2021

Masks on Parade

 Covid19.   It's been around for nearly two years now and not going anywhere fast.   We are now facing a 3rd booster shot and new vaccines coming out every day.   Up until recently Ive had few friends and family experience this virus.  Today I know six people that have it.  Some are vaccinated and some are not.  They are sick. 

In the thick of the lockdown last spring and summer, my sister Kris and I jumped in with a group in Omaha making masks for local organizations, companies, hospitals etc.  I made over 2000 masks last summer.  I greatly reduced my stash, which was a welcome relief.   The act of sewing masks was also a welcome relief from the stress of the lockdown and lack of social interaction.  

I had scraps left over.  Last winter, at the end of January I came home from TX for an emergency visit to help my dear neighbor when she lost her husband, tragically to suicide.  My one week visit turned to 3 weeks due to weather, both here and in TX.  First extended long freeze in TX in over 100 years,  knocked out the electricity, froze all water sources and cancelled flights.  In Omaha it was  certainly cold outside and snowy, but my house was warm and my sewing machine plugged in.  :)   So, I sewed.   I took out the mask scraps and began this little quilt.


This summer I was able to finish the top.     On to the quilt machine with this one!  

No comments:

Update on our Beloved Mrs. Gray

  Those of you who have been with WIFCaP from the beginning in 2011 and most of the following years of our TNR journey, know and love Mrs. G...