Saturday, August 28, 2021

Another Donation Made

Shoots and Ladders block (designed by me!)

 I got a chance to run some kennel blankets out to my friend Cheryl at Avoca Veterinary Clinic in Avoca Iowa yesterday!  12 little flannel beauties to keep the kitties cozy!  Final donation for them this season too.  

I'm wrapping up my donations  to be made here in Omaha, as our departure to TX is looming on the horizon.  I want some down time to "create" during these last few weeks here.

I'm working on the above blocks and calling them Shoots and Ladders!  Im not sure how the quilt top will play out yet, but it's fun to work with these little pieces most people would throw away.  Shoots, becasue the crumb side of the block includes scraps and pieces of blocks that didnt work, were wrong size, didnt like etc (shoot!) and ladders because what's between the black line resembles a ladder...Chutes and Ladders after the game....Cleaver?

I found another fun idea on Pinterest using larger solid square with a flip and sew scrap square in the corners.  It also looks so fun and modern.  I may have to play with that at the same time as working on Shoots!

Did I mention I want to make a modern scrap house quilt too..???...I more ideas than time.  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Update on our Beloved Mrs. Gray

  Those of you who have been with WIFCaP from the beginning in 2011 and most of the following years of our TNR journey, know and love Mrs. G...