Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Friday, January 28, 2011

When the Going Gets Tough...the tough figure it out!

Because the economy is in the "tank" so to speak, I think we are all trying to figure out ways to save money these days. 

I found some wonderful recipes online to make home made laundry soap and I tried several.  With a few tweeks of my own, I have found this one to be the very best so I wanted to share it with anyone interested in a wonderfully natural, great smelling, safe for all washers (even the front loaders and low sudsing ones) soap!

So quick and easy to make!

Enjoy!

Home made Laundry Soap the Humann Way!

3 cups Borax
2 cups Baking Soda
2 cups Super Washing Soda (this is made by Arm and Hammer just like the Soda...)
1/2 Bar Fels Naptha Soap
1/2 Bar Ivory Soap
(all of the these items are pictured above)

Put the 3 powders in a very large bowl.  Run your hands or a slotted spoon through it to break up any lumps.
Using a small sized grater (shown in picture) grate both bars of soap.  Mix together very well...I just use the slotted spatula shown in the picture.


Voila!!!  The soap is ready to use.  I put it in pretty glass jars only because I like the way it looks in there.  You can put it in a plastic bucket or where ever is most convenient. 

Use 2 tablespoons only for each load!

Please don't be tempted to use more than this, even on dirtier loads...2 T should be sufficient for all loads..
This recipe should make about 8 cups and should yield 64 loads of laundry.  If you have a large enough bowl, go ahead and double the recipe!

The washing soda and the Fels Naptha are found in the laundry aisle, close to the stain removing items.

I chose the Fels Naptha soap because it has a great lemony aroma and color to add to the powder.  The Ivory is pure and natural too and smells so good...So I chose the combo. 

Enjoy and please be sure to let me know what you think!

Im currently trying for liquid dishwashing soap too.  Will let you know when I perfect my recipe!

No comments:

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive