Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, September 16, 2010

Im Sad Today and a little Scared!

This is my beloved Lucy Cat. She is the sweetest and softest fur-baby ever! Quiet and serene, most of the time. The only thing that gets her going is the vet! I have to trick her into the crate for her annual visit and heaven forbid you have to be around her anytime soon after said visit. She displays the true definition of a "hissy-fit"to people and her kitty siblings alike! But I love her and I'm praying today that she will be OK.

About two months ago, I noticed an area right by her right ear...you know the part that has a little less hair and the hair it does have isnt near as soft as the rest? It looked as if she had been scratching it. I checked for ear mites and gave a new dose of Frontline for fleas..hoping this would remedy the situation. The area did not heal though. Actually it has gotten worse, not better. I've had her to the vet twice already and have had several more conversations with the Dr as well. She has been treated with topical cortisone cream, antibiotic ointment, injectable steroids and is now an an oral antibiotic. We've even just left it totally alone for a couple weeks to see if it would heal itself. To no avail. Now the Vet is wondering if it could be Pemphigus Vulgaris. What? Some kind of nasty skin immune disease that doesn't have the greatest outcome. For now I will keep treating with the antibiotic and pray this disappears...truth is its getting bigger and worse. :( I'm feeling a bit paralyzed today.

1 comment:

FabricalaCarte said...

Poor Lucy!! Hope it goes away. I wonder if theres any homeopathic treatment you could try?

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive