Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Friday, August 6, 2010

Foxes Find a New Home...

Totally in Love with this !!!
Once in a while you enter the thrift shop and you hear yourself let out an audible gasp...one that makes others take a look over at you and wonder if you are OK. This happened to my friend Cheryl this week. She entered one of our thrift shops and saw this beautiful piece of artwork. Knowing how I love foxes, she grabbed it up and purchased it and then presented to me as a gift! It's signed and dated and appears to be colored pencil sketching. I am so happy with it and I love it dearly. I didn't wait even a day to yank down a different picture from my living room wall and put this one up in its place. I don't know what it is about it, other than there is so much "life: in the faces of these animals. Is it a mama fox with her baby? Maybe sisters? Brothers? I'm going to build my own fairy tale around this one and say its a daddy "fox" loving and protecting his little girl "kidlet". My picture...my fairy tale. Thank you soooo much Cheryl! I'm sorry, but you wont be seeing this one for sale in my shops.

1 comment:

FabricalaCarte said...

Kathy...this brought tears to my eyes...

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive