Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Monday, July 12, 2010

Row, Row, Row your Boat...

Wednesday morning I will be heading to eastern Iowa with my mother in law for a two day cruise up and down the Mississippi...(do you sing it too when you write it? m-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i, it's engraved on our brain!)

Those of you who know me well, know this is the trip that was supposed to be last September, but we ended up arriving a day late! Not one of my prettier moments. I think that as I stood at the Holiday Inn check in counter and was informed that the boat had left that morning, that all the blood in the upper half of my body pooled in my feet waiting for the rest of my self to join it. The worst part was having to call my hubby and tell him of my frau paux. He actually was very good about the whole thing. "Mom" and I made the best of a bad situation. We enjoyed the hotel room, and made a leisurely drive back home the next day, stopping at fun roadside shops and sites.

So wish me well as I spend Wednesday through Friday on the Twilight River Boat Cruise with little Clara...my goal is to convince her to make an appointment to get her hearing checked (huh?) and of course to have a great time eagle watching and shopping!

1 comment:

FabricalaCarte said...

Kathy,
Sounds like fun (?) Enjoy yourself.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive