Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, April 15, 2010

Home Again, Home Again Jiggidy Jog...

and jog it should be. I ATE TOO MUCH! I say that every time Ive been to Texas to see my step mom. I seriously need to get back on my flat belly diet! Lets see Red Velvet Cake, sugar cookies, Ham and beans, chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, and it goes on and on and it ain't pretty folks! Southern cooking is murder on this body! I'm actually craving fresh fruits and vegetables and as soon as we hit the home front, I will be hitting the farmers market and stocking up on whatever fresh organic thing I can find. I'm serious!

Our trip however, was wonderful. We still have 12 hours to drive tomorrow, but all in all the time away was a blessing. We were able to drive thru the Texas Hill country of Wild Flowers...it is a stellar year for the flowers. Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrushes, Mexican poppies, and many others I don't know the name for. It was as if the Lord had painted the landscape with a rainbow of blue, red, pink, yellow and orange...my mouth hung open nearly the whole 300 miles...if it took a rest, it was only to say " Oh my gosh!"

Spending time with my step mom was good too. Being nearly 87 and alone, I'm sure she enjoyed our company even if it takes a week for her to recover! This is the 3rd visit Ive made since my dad passed away, and I think it was the hardest visit so far. I miss him. Going there, where he should be and isn't, was far more difficult than I thought it would be. I made a visit to his grave site at the Central Texas Veterans Cemetery in Killeen, was glad I did it, but felt more grief than I expected. One is never too mature to want their daddy back.

Looking forward to getting home, snuggling with my kitties and getting back into my routine(with a few diet and excercise adjustments)!

No comments:

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive