Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sew, Sew Fun!


Last month one of our guild members gave a little workshop on how to make cathedral window Christmas tree ornaments. My first thought.... """yeesh! Ive seen these done and I will NEVER do that...." But I also think one should try something before they completely pooh-pooh it...(except for sky diving), so I bravely drove in to make one. In fact, since our group was so small, I took 3 little kits home to make. I made one, hmmmm fun, made two and by the time I was done with all 3, I had gone to the fabric store, purchased 20 yards of white background fabric, rummaged thru my scraps and am on the road to a whole quilt. As a sick matter of fact (this will slay you Luann), I have also purchased a big hunk of a pretty peach color for the background of my SECOND Cathedral window quilt.

Possum likes it too... When I showed it at our guild meeting Tuesday night, on gal was saying " so when do you know to stop??'' Haha! The neverending project!

This is the perfect project for evening tv watching and a take along project for trips and Bag Ladies! This could be as sick as my hexagon quilt, but maybe a tiny bit milder.

3 comments:

Luann said...

It is VERY CUTE, Kathy. And you are too funny! It's always fun to be doing something new...good for you!

krissybizz said...

Very pretty, Kathy. I tried one once, and couldn't figure it out enough to look good.

Mishkat said...

The ones you have completed look beautifully done! I have read about how to do them, but I doubt I'd have the patience for a whole quilt. The idea of a portable project is a good one, though.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive