Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hello Gertie!







I had the incredibly difficult challenge of bringing my kitties to our Omaha hangout last week. Possum travels very well. Ricky tolerates it like a man. Lucy, however turned into psyco kitty and is just now returning to normal. The trip its self went well. I have to cover Lucy with a towel so she doesnt know she going in the crate. I took Ricky by surprise, so he was fine. I only have two carriers, so I was hoping that Possum would travel like she did when she was a baby. And she did. She sat on the hump between the front seats and watched the whole 50 miles without a whimper. Ricky and Lucy did sing me a sad song the whole time. Once we arrived, I brought Possum in first, she freaked on me and jumped out of my arms, leaving two quite lovely bloody scratches on my right wrist. It took me by surprise as she shot out and into the yard in a panic. She came right back to me and all was well. They all spend the first day sniffing every inch of the place, but Lucy was considerably angry. She brought real meaning to the term having a "hissy-fit". No one, human or feline, could get near her for days. All is well now. They are adjusting well and making some new friends. The first picture is Gertie. She belongs to Mary Alice and Bud, the people that live on the 2nd floor. We are surrounded by kitties and a new puppy named Jackson. As I can, I will get pics to share of all of them.
I will be back in Walnut on Tuesday. I will be spending the day cleaning and preparing for the sale of our home there. My friend Pam will be coming with me to help. This is a strange time for me, living between two places. It is a challenge, but also lots of fun. We are praying that the house will sell quickly and we can formally move to Omaha.

4 comments:

Mishkat said...

Our cats do NOT travel well, so I feel for you. I'm glad Lucy is adjusting - and I hope you are too! I'm wishing you the best of luck on the house sale.

Gertie is adorable - she looks like a dilute tortoiseshell?

krissybizz said...

New chapters in your life are exciting, but tiring! Hope you, Larry, and the kitties are able to settle in quickly. And hope your beautiful home in Walnut sells quickly!

Luann said...

What???

Tina said...

wowee, welcome to the omaha area!! cool!! hope to see you!! [and your kitties!]

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive