Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Friday, June 5, 2009

Forget the Tea and Bring on the Lemonade!







On my May visit to St. Joseph MO to see my bff and my new friends, Donna and Charley, I got to make my 2nd visit to a wonderful Tea Room and Eatery called the Gothic House. Kathy and Donna's friend, Pat McNaughten is the proprietress of this awesome establishment! She makes you feel so welcome. You can tell she has a passion for what she is doing. She has so many great ideas and wonderful visions for this old house turned Tea Room.
The rooms are decorated so beautifully with victorian things and each place is set perfectly! Just sitting in the Gothic House makes you wish you could turn back the clock and just live there!
The Eatery is only open for lunch, but the food is incredible. The meal begins with a fresh, warm, "melt in your mouth" scone with home made lemon curd! I chose soup, which happens to be Pat's speciality, so whatever kind you get, it will knock your socks off. We passed on the tea but ordered Pat's special Lemonade, made with cream and soda...yum...probably the best ever drink Ive ever had... If you make a trip to St. Joe MO you must go there!

4 comments:

Luann said...

Looks like just your kind of place! Any ideas of having one of your own?

Kathy said...

ummmmm...Let me think!....NO!

Mishkat said...

This looks like so much fun! I love the place settings.

Mishkat said...

P.S. I forgot to say that I hope Lucy is adjusting. Tasha says to say that she absolutely hates moving - we have only done it once since she was born, and it was a huge adjustment for her.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive