Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What In the World Were We Thinking?

OK, so I found this old picture today.  My sister, Kris is on the left and me, not looking so happy am on the right.  Lovely dresses you say? OMG!  Who thought it would be a good idea for us to dress the same at age 14 and 15????  Also are these really dresses or are they night gowns.  Fortunately, I have total memory loss on when this was or where I was when this photo was taken.   I dont even know who the dog is!  Maybe it isnt really me.  Yeah, thats it!  

The worse thing is I wish I still had the dress, it would make big bucks on Etsy!





Quilting Tip of the Day!
Dont get stuck in the "old" ways of doing things.  Watch for new trends in fabric design and techniques.  Last night I taught two methods of preparing pieces to applique onto a quilt top or anything else...some of the ladies were skeptical, but when all was said and done, I think they enjoyed learning a new way of doing things.  Keep an open mind, ladies...you just might have fun and like what you learn.    Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

krissybizz said...

OMG!! I don't think I've ever seen this picture! But I know where we were...the visit to see Carlita in Texas when Dad was in Viet Nam. And I do remember those dresses! Remembering those times, we WEREN'T thinking too clearly. I think the dog belonged to Carlitas friend...I don't think she had a dog, did she?

Kathy said...

Kris, I have no idea where I got it. I was going thru my old box of loose pics to find some of jeff when he was little...wow..I dont remember it either...good thing... its hideous! Im glad you know at least where we were....hahahaha! If Carlita had a dog it would have been Cindy and this isnt Cindy...yikes...yuk!

Kathy said...

Arent blogs fun?????

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive