Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, March 19, 2009

He's Got it!

Finally... Jeff got his chit approved and will be on his way tomorrow.  He should arrive in Omaha about 10:30 tomorrow night.  It sounds like he has lots of things planned to do while he's home.  I cant wait to see that tall guy!  

Larry and I are going out of town for the weekend.  We are going to see Brian and his family in Abilene Ks.  They are getting transferred to Washington DC, very soon and Brian will be going to a school for a couple months in Ky I think.   This may be the last time we will be able to spend any time with them before they get all involved in their move.  So, even tho its Jeff's first weekend home, we are going.  Jeff will be busy with friends  (smile) and has a tattoo appointment on Saturday and plans already for Saturday night,  along with jet lag, he wont need this old couple around until Monday.  Just knowing he is home is a comfort to me.  So if you dont hear from me for a couple days, thats why!

Quilting Tip of the Day!
Use your quilting skills to help others.  Donate your time and talents to the community.  Today I am going to our school and helping the 2nd grade class make quilt blocks for a quilt of valor.  Im so excited.  I will take pictures and post them as we go along.  Today, they are coloring their blocks and then after I put the top together, they will help me tie it.  I am hoping to personally take the quilt to Brooks Army Medical Hospital on my next trip to see my mamaFox!

4 comments:

krissybizz said...

Happy Jeff got it! The other guy in his picture looks like my Nick! Do you know when you're going to see Carlita? Maybe I'll be able to go, too!

Kathy said...

Not sure when...I wont be able to finish this quilt up for at least 3 weeks and you are going to have company til when? That would be fun to try to go at the same time. I would love that!

Kathy said...

Thats too funny, cuz the other kid's name is Nick! Jeff's room mate!

Luann said...

Glad Jeff is coming home!! You have a great weekend and enjoy your family times!!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive