Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Monday, December 1, 2008

Ya Gotta Love the Military!


These pictures are of our oldest son, Brian at his recent promotion....finally! We are so proud of him. He has been serving the last 15 months in Iraq and we are looking forward to his return in just a little over a week. We got these pics this morning with the message....

"Lots of rumors bout when we are supposed to arrive, most are expecting us to arrive a day or so later than originally expected but nothing is set in stone yet. sooooo?"

Sooooo? That mean....typical for the Army, or any other branch of the service. Man, I'm going to be praying that he gets home as expected and if not that he will know ahead of time...I know we are all itching to see him and I know he is way more ready to be home. We are so grateful for God for keeping him safe and we are hoping there wont be a second tour in the future.

One of the first things we learn as military families are to be flexable. I hate being flexable!

Quilting Tip of the Day
Back to our Ways to Choose and Use Scraps (from Quiltmaker, 9-10/01)
We've talked previously about Color Considerations and pondering prints...now on to
GETTING STARTED:
  • Begin with a few prints you know you will want in your quilt and let your pallette grow from there.
  • When adding more prints, think "blend" instead of "match". Many intriguing scrap quilts contain fabrics that arent closely coordinated- some even clash
  • Just for fun...thow in some "beasts" to contrast with the beauties
  • Rather than scrutinizing each print, evaluate the overall effect of many in combination.
Case in point.. a couple years back,I purchased the cutest bear paw quilt at an antique show. I will try to get a pic and post it tomorrow...the quilt was being used for packing! There was just something about the colors that drew me in...It looks like its from the 30's maybe 40's and it is one of my favorite wraps for reading! Cost? $10! Also take a look at my sister, Kris's quilts. Start at her blog at www.thescrappyquilter.blogspot.com(see my sideboard "blogs Im following") and then visit her stores from there... I have always admired her scrap quilts. She, to me is the scrap quilt queen!


6 comments:

krissybizz said...

Thanks, Kathy! That's high praise!

Kathy said...

Kris, I wasnt joking...I hope someone is reading my blog that will go look! Ha!

krissybizz said...

Kathy,

I just read your comment about our wedding pics....yes, I do have a ton of pics, but not in my computer.

Kathy said...

I shoulda know that! Ok...

The Thrifty One said...

I wondered if that was Kris. And that must be the grand baby-what a darling.
I didn't know that Kris was such an avid quilter. Good for you Kris.

Kathy said...

Yes, Kathy he is a darling and yes that is my sister...her an avid quilter? Why yes, she is and I cannot believe you didnt know that. She and Liz were the ones who really got me started quilting. They both have quilt machines like me, and I know you know that...you just forgot...I love you anyway!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive