Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Just Fabulous Cookies!


Christmas is about memories! One of my favorites is when the kids would help me "bake". These little bite sized yummies is one of the treats we would annually put together, together. I remember one Christmas when I made sugar cookie dough and let the kids have a hay-day with it and we made cookie sheets full of these little "cookies" . I video-taped the escapade and asked the kids what they were doing. Jeff ( just 5 ) turned to the camera, holding a sheet-load of these and said. "We are makin' cookies...just fabulous cookies!" So that became their official name. Jeff, I wish you were here to make cookies with me, but in my heart I know that if you were here, you wouldn't be making cookies with your mama!

Fabulous Cookies

Round Pretzels
Almond Bark
M&Ms
(Fancy Cashews are good too!)
  • Line cookie sheet with wax paper
  • Lay out pretzels
  • Melt about 3 blocks of bard at a time, so it doesn't get hard before you are done
  • use a teaspoon, put a dollop of bark in the center of the pretzels
  • place an M&M in the center, be sure you squish it enough so that all the bark is touching the inside edges of the pretzel.
  • Allow bark to dry before putting them on a plate or in a tin.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

krissybizz said...

OK...gotta make some today!!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive