Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas!


Decking the Halls!
This is my Christmas Tree!.....last year! I havent taken one of the tree yet, but wanted to decorate my blog page with a holiday pic, so here is last year's version. Last year, I was excited that Jeff would be traveling back home from Norfolk, Va and the whole fam was going to be together here in Walnut. This year will be different. I actually had a hard time getting out the decorations. I had even decided not to up up a tree, but Larry and the kids convinced me that I should. Everyone will be here the Saturday after Christmas Day, all except Jeff. I am looking forward to that day. We are doing things differently this year...I feel different this year. With my Dad gone and Jeff not in the states, it doesnt feel right to do things the same as always. So, we released the kids to do their own thing on Christmas eve and Christmas Day and then come spend the weekend or part of the weekend with us. We wont have the massive chaotic package opening here. We will take all the gifts to the kids' families prior to Christmas and they will open them with their other Christmas gifts. What will we do on Christmas Day? Im looking forward to a quiet day. Im going to sit in front of old movies and hand sew on my english paper pieced mosaic quilt....and think of Christmases Past and Future....maybe actually focus on the true meaning of Christmas. Chirst's birth....and the reason He came...for me and for you! Yes, this will be a different Christmas, but some things never change...the baby will always be in the manger and the Star will always guide the way!

Quilting Tip of the Day
So you decided to do a crazy scrap quilt, but you realize you dont have enough fabric or variety of fabrics:
  • Organize a fabric swap! Swapping 5" square would really spruce up your stash!
  • Like to make flying geese units or four patches??? how about swapping a stack of those?
  • Swap whole blocks or dig out some "orphan" blocks to see if someone wants to trade...
  • When traveling, always visit the fabric, quilt shops. Pick up a fat quarter as a souvenir!
Happy Quilting....and next, we will go on to something else! If you make a scrap quilt, I would love to see it....Send me a pic!

4 comments:

krissybizz said...

Kath, Is there a way to search blogger for types of blogs, like search for quilters? I can't see that there is...

Kathy said...

I dont think so, but if I find a way I will let you know. Love ya!

Kathy-Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luann said...

It's always good to be flexible with Christmas plans. I'm glad you're finding ways to make it work for you. By the way, nice tree!!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive