Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blue Candle Lighting...


As most of you know I belong to an Internet group called Navyformoms.com These ladies have become fast friends and a great source of support. This Christmas, many of our sons and daughters will not be home for Christmas. Also for many of us, it will be the first Christmas without them at the table... One of the moms, decided it would be fun to light a blue candle for our Sailors, and burn it during the season to let everyone know that even tho that Sailor is not physically there, they are remembered. I thought it was a great idea! I remembered that I have a trio set of votives that I bought over a year ago and they are star shaped holders with a red, white and blue votive. Perfect! So this is a picture of my candles that will be lit for my Sailor and for all those sailors and soldiers that cant be home this year. I want them to know that I love them and I am so proud and happy that they are sacrificing for my safety. And I want Jeff to know that even tho he is not here, I love and miss him and he isn't forgotten...Ricky is gonna burn his nose!

According the the Internet "count" on this, nearly 150 moms have already responded positively to the idea and will be burning candles. Not only Navy moms, but other friends and families are doing the same. If you would like to join us, please do! And if you do, let me know, so I can let our group know there are others out there with candles burning! We would also like to know the city and state in which the candle is burning.

Quilting Tip of the Day!
Cutting a LOT of squares the same size??? Mark your ruler at the exact spot with a piece of quilters tape (1/4" masking) or even with a post it note. This will make you job go faster and eliminate mistakes... Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

krissybizz said...

OK....need to get a blue candle to burn. Thats a cool idea! And I love your new blog page and counter. I might have to go back and change mine to something more interesting, too!

krissybizz said...

I just told my quiltsy team (etsy) about your blue candle idea, and added your blog address, so maybe you'll get hits from them. And I'll let you know if any of them comment.

Kathy said...

So cool Kris...thanks!Lots of navy moms are posting...go to the Blue candle lighting event on navy for moms and hit rsvp then you can comment on where your candle will be burning and then you will be entered into the count. Many many outside of N4M are doing this too.. Its cool...

Luann said...

Love the new look on your blog...very cool. I don't get much done with candles...we're more worried about space for food at my house!! It's a great idea, though, I'll have to check it out!

Kathy said...

Luann, you silly, I wont have this on the table when we eat! There has to be lots of room for the food at my house too! Are you keeping warm? Not easy to do today...I hope it warms up tomorrow, but it isnt looking good...a high of 9???? yikes. I have to go to O tomorrow...Im glad I filled my car with gas..

Kathy-Mom said...

This is a wonderful thought-however-Tekoe might burn the house down--"oh nice fire thing-here, let me bat it onto the ground and watch the house go up in flames". I can here her now--scheming.

Luann said...

LOVE YOUR ELF DANCE!!! There was no comment area under it, so I'll comment here. I really want to see you two demonstrate those moves next time we see you...especially Larry!!

Kathy said...

Luann..if you know larry very well you know he has no sense of beat whatsoever...so that would be funnY!

Kathy said...

Kathy, I know what you mean. I have to watch my kittys too...but I figure if they burn themselves, then they have learned a valuable lesson...arent we all about learning lessons????? just kidding, some of the ladies are doing those electric candle things and putting a blue bulb in for the navy...red white and blue would be nice.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive