Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Me and Jeff at Graduation....
Brian's Recent Promotion!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

This morning I am reflecting of all I have to be thankful for. My list is long and includes all the regular stuff; I have a wonderful husband, four great kids, 7 delightful grandchildren 3 warm kitties (and a partridge in a pear tree...o no..that would be a stray cat in the backyard), But at the forefront of my mind today are my two sons in the military, one in the Navy, stationed in Japan and very far away from home. The other in the Army, serving in Iraq, also very far from home, but due to come home in two weeks. I am truly thankful that God has been and is protecting my sons as they serve our country...

It would be easy to sit at home and worry and fret about their well-being, but instead a group of women including myself have gathered together to make a pile of quilts for a worthy cause. I still fret and worry sometime, but this sure helps!

I was grateful on Tuesday, to be the person that got to box up five of our " quilts of Valor" and ship them off to the Brooks Army Medical Hospital in San Antonio Texas. I was thankful that I could write cards and notes to each of the wounded soldiers that would receive these gifts. I really had a sense of pride, not only in the men and women that have sacrificed so much to serve the USA, but pride in the women I know that are willing to give up their time and talents to participate in this blessing to others. A special thank you to you NVQG members that have helped make quilts and a special thank you to Kathy C., Pam W. and Rosie J. from Omaha! Not only are our members actively doing this, but some honorary friends of NVQG, like Kathy, Pam, Rosie and Kandi! I was happy to know and grateful to a woman named Suzanne on the other end in San Antonio, who receives the quilts and distributes them to our wounded warriors.

We are a fortunate and rich country. Even though we are in a recession, and our economy is fragile, we have so much! So far, I have seen no bread lines, we are not receiving ration cards, no hint of depression as I look at the parking lots of the mall and the restaurants. We are blessed beyond measure. Much because of the valiant efforts of our military. I want to thank every soldier, sailor and marine that is serving or has ever served...so that I can have pumpkin pie and turkey (in that order, if I want!). My life is so full and so blessed. Yes, I miss my sons and I pray that they will be safe and that they will come home, but the big picture is one of safety and security on the home front because of them and other men and women like them... Today I give thanks to Jeff and Brian and to God for giving them to me!

I hope that this Thanksgiving you will find many things to be thankful for...and if you find you cannot be thankful for what you have, be thankful for what you DON'T have...think about it..

Quilting Tip of the Day!

Today just rest in your thankfulness! We are so fortunate to have quilt shops and fabric stores so available to us. We can shop around and hold out long enough to find that special fabric or that exact color...There are many places that have extremely limited choices...I was in Turkey and wanted to find some cotton to bring home as a gift to my sewing friends and there was none to be found. Same way in France...very limited...we are spoiled Americans...and today, I am grateful to be me, sitting among my stash, wondering what to use next!

No comments:

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive