Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fringes of His Ways...

Today is a difficult day for me. I am struggling to have the energy to write a post for the day, but my friend Luann has a really good one...please see my sidebar and click on Fringes of His Ways. Or check out the Granny Diva's...its fun! I hope to be back up and running by the weekend... BTW...this has nothing to do with the election. I promise to share after Friday.

"Quilt tip of the Day"
Keep a "mindless" project handy. If you have days where you just cant seem to focus, it helps me to work on a mindless sewing project.
  • Go thru your fabric stash and cut it up! Make piles of 4 or 5" squares to later be used in some scrappy project. Or cut it into 2 1/2" strips. There are books written that use nothing but, and if you come across a pattern like that, you are ready! You could even keep them in "color families" but I dont...
  • Sew the above together...make your squares half-sq triangles or just make a bunch of scrappy four patches...sew the strips together and make a ton of nine patches... or make log cabins...
I'm going to finish Kaden's quilt top today. I only have a mindless border to finish...

3 comments:

Luann said...

Take extra good care of yourself, Kathy. Love you lots, Luann

The Thrifty One said...

Feel better soon.

Kathy said...

Thank you two...for understanding and for praying..

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive