Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday


Well, its about an hour until the Red Sox game, so thought I would say hey and how are ya to any one reading my blog...

Its been a good day. We went to church in Omaha today and of course took Kaden with us. He was a good boy. We were disappointed that Ben and Stacey didn't make it to church and hope they are OK. Lauren and Josh met us for lunch at Godfather's, we made a stop for gas and milk and came on home.

I spent a couple hours at my friend Nancy's house. She lives on a beautiful acreage a few miles from me. Its the kind of place you would imagine seeing Civil War Southern Belles basking beneath their umbrellas sipping iced tea...or lemonade...I mean it! It is beautiful. I got to meet her new "baby" Millie...a new 4 year old hound of some kind. A great dog. Smart as a whip and very friendly. She is in hog heaven with five acres to call her own. A very fortunate rescued puppy!

I changed my header picture back to a Guam photo. I hope it works this time. I had cut and pasted the code from the Internet yesterday and everyone was not seeing it, so I changed it to a GW pic til I had time to fix it. I hope it is working now...Jeff should be there in a few weeks.

I will be going to Sioux City in the morning until Thursday, so my blog will be quiet. I will be taking my laptop, so I will be checking in, but dont think I will have time to blog. I am attending the Iowa Tourism Conferance. It should be a blast! I still have to pack and be ready by 7:30am. Im excited!

Quilt Tip of the Day

When 3 of my grandbabies were born, I made each of them a baby quilt. It felt so good to welcome them in to the world with a fun and bright little blankie... None of them, however became a favorite blankie and honestly I dont know if they even still have them. Last week someone asked my grandson Kaden something about the quilts I had made him. He said " My Nana never made me a quilt." I realized that he of course didnt remember it (he's 5) and it is of course a "baby" quilt and he wouldnt want to use it now that he is a big boy. I asked him if he would like a new one and he is estatic! Everytime I talk to him now, he wants to know when he is going to get his new quilt. He has chosen super heros as a theme (imagine that). So I will be seeking out Spider, Bat and Super man fabric. He even wants Iron Man, but I dont think they have that yet... I have found the pattern I will use and will try to get it finished for Christmas. Today he asked me if it would be "like, a baby quilt or a quilt for my whole bed?" For his whole bed, he's a big boy now...

It reminds me of my oldest grandson, Dustin. He was about 13 when my youngest son graduated high school. He saw the quilt I made for Jeff as a graduation gift (pictured above) and had seen the one I made for Lauren graduation. He very innocently asked "does everyone in the family who graduates, get a quilt?" I answered "only if I like them...." Of course he got a quilt for graduation too. :)

My tip? I dont really have one today, other than to keep your antennas "up" so you can be sensitive to those around you that will want the gift you can so lovingly give...

4 comments:

Luann said...

Hi Kathy!! Hope you have a great week at your conference. I'll be where I always am...:)
You have a safe trip and take care of that neck!!!

Kathy said...

Thanks Luann, sounds like you had a good weekend too...I wish you could go with me...we would have a blast...anyway, keep your positive attitude. Love you!

Luann said...

Didn't catch your asking for the recipe...Here goes.

2 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cups margarine softened
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups Bisquick
3 cups oats
Mix brown sugar, marg, eggs, & vanilla. Add Bisquick and oats.

Over low heat, stirring till smooth, mix
12 oz choc chips
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tsp margarine
1/2 tsp salt
After mixing together add 2 tsp vanilla

Spread 3/4 of oatmeal mixture in 11x15 jelly roll pan with greased hands. Spread chocoate mixture over top. Drop remaining oatmeal by Tbps over top.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Kathy said...

Yummmmm...healthy and low fat too! Thank you...

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive