Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, October 2, 2008

Strange Day!


I was very tempted to let this night go by without adding to my blog. I even considered just telling you all I was taking a few days off. Ive had a strange day. I am extremely busy. I am feeling more than overwhelmed, yet there is a strange sadness and gloom that I'm feeling.

"Tears, idle tears, I know not what they
mean,
Tears from the depth of some divine
despair
Rise in the heart, and gather to the
eyes,
In looking on the happy autumn-fields
and think of the days that are no
more."
Tennyson- "The Princess"

Tomorrow is the set up for the Quilt show. Saturday is the show. I have been trying to get my housework under control all week, and still don't have clean sheets on the beds. I feel like my wheels are spinning and I'm getting nowhere. It isn't true. I have gotten many details done for the show and Ive spent time with one of my best friends for her birthday. I have attended council meetings and worked on a "support our troops" project. I have set up our new blog for "Have Pity on the Kitties". So while I have accomplished much, it feels like I still have more than I can handle to get done. I don't like this feeling much. THEN...I realize it is because I am missing my son. I realize that for the 2nd year in a row, he wont be home for his birthday. (10/30) He will be spending the day on the ship.I packed a care/birthday box for him today and sent it off. I cried thru the whole thing. I am such a baby! I sent a mushy book that made me bawl and will probably make him feel sad too. What makes it worse is that I added pictures from the time he was a baby up to the last day I saw him before he left for Japan. Don't worry, I will get over this, but in the meantime, I have lots to do and have to muster up the motivation to do it. At this point I wish I could crawl in a hole and hide for a few days....
Matthew 11: 28-30
"Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Quilting Tip of the Day


If you are just starting to quilt, be sure to start with a simple project. There are many fun and easy quilts to make. Don't overwhelm yourself with a project that is over your head. You will be frustrated and you may NOT finish it. Look for Quick and Easy quilt magazines or books. Enjoy your project! Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Luann said...

I'm sorry you are feeling sad, but I'm really glad that you are sharing how you feel with people who love you. Separation is so very hard and can feel so long. I hope you will be able to talk to Jeff on (or near) his birthday. I will be praying that God will make Himself known to you and be very close in a way that cheers your heart. We are blessed to have a Father who cares for every hurt of our heart.

Kathy said...

Thanks Luann,
What Ive learned about myself is when I "busy" myselfin an uncontrolable fashion, its usually because Im hiding from some emotion I dont want to face. I have been thru this before so I do know I will get thru it. .Mostly becuase of the prayers of you all that love me...thanks so much. Have a great weekend. Come to the quilt show if you have $4 you want to throw away! heehee

Kathy Mom said...

Come on Kathy--Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it. You can do it--I know you can.
I need you on your toes tomorrow to make sure I win the quilt.
What if I do win? Will people think it is fixed? Well--they will just have to pull up their big girl panties and deal with it. It is after all--all about ME!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive