Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Sunday, October 26, 2008

Heros....







"I Believe...
That heroes are the people who do what has to be done
when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequence.

I Believe...
That we are responsible for what we do,
no matter how we feel.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our childrens' children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."
Ronald Reagan

A Prayer For Courage

Almighty God, who gives strength to the weak and upholds those who might fall, give me courage to do what is right, for those that trust in you have no need to fear.

Make me brave to face any danger which may now threaten me.

Give me the help that you have promised to those who ask it, that I may overcome my fears and go bravely forward.

Fill me with courage, that nothing which is my duty to do, may be too hard for me. Let me put my trust in your power and goodness.

Thank you my Lord.

I found the above on my Navy for Moms site. What a blessing and a great place to be!

The picture on the left is my father 3 years ago at a family reunion. It was the last time he wore his uniform and his last salute to our "colors". The pic on the right is my Jeff. This is him, saluting my father at his funeral...his first and last salute to LTCol David V. Fox...

Quilting Tip of the Day
I dont really have a tip today. But I will share a story. Quilts of Valor is a wonderful organization that anyone can belong to and help with. This organization makes lovely quilts for all soldiers, sailors and service people from all branches, that have been injured physically or mentally from any of our past or current wars. My blog today is about Heros and Prayers. Being part of QOV honors heros and gives up plenty of opportunity to pray. I used to belong to a group of ladies at my church and we made lovely quilts for missionary families. We prayed during the making of the quilt and as often as possible, we laid the quilt over the family and we prayed with them. Even if you cannot quilt you can be part of this endevor by donating funds for postage and fabric. My little guild in Walnut, that isnt even a year old has nine quilts ready to ship out! Thanks to the ladies in our group and to my "Bag Lady" friends in Omaha, we are making a difference. I spoke to a teacher's group a month or so ago and they kindly donated postage money...we are bless to BE a blessing. See www.qovf.org I hope you have a blessed day. Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

The Thrifty One said...

Beautiful-just beautiful. The words are glorious, and now I am crying. Love to you, and all those who protect us. Love, Kathy

Kathy said...

I've been crying all day...first this...and then I finished the "Dewey" book. I cant stop crying! Oh! one good thought. My sister turned 60 today...so I got to talk to her. We had a very nice visit...Happy Birthday Kris!

Alycia said...

wow - what a post! I love it. I love the pictures and the sentiment. Thanks! Say "job well done" to your guild for making those quilts!

Kathy said...

Alycia, Thank you so much for your yuor comment. Loved hearing from you. Will be checking out your blog too. Hope you will come back often!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive