Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Days of Politics, can we hide our head in the sand?

Election day is fast approaching. I don't think we ever thought it would actually get here, but in less than 3 weeks we will have voted a new man to be in the "hot seat" for the next four years. In past elections the simplicity of choice was evident. Liberal or conservative? Easy choice. This year, however, I feel the results of our choice may be way different. The results of our choice may hold consequences that could change the landscape and moral compass of our country forever.

For the first time in my voting life, I fear for what we have come to know as America, the land of the Free. I dont mean to sound like Im on a soap box, but this is important people, really, really important.

I don't like putting politics on my blog, but I want everyone who might read this to do what I have told my children to do every day of their school years. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Please, please lay down your political affiliation and look at EVERYTHING you can find about your candidate. Read things that have been written on both sides of the fence on the issues before you make a choice. Look at it all, from the liberal side and the conservative side before you make a choice. Go ahead and listen to Madonna, Oprah and Brad, but also listen to Glen Beck and to Rush. Give them all equal time before you make your decision.

Obama is talking about change. Please be sure you are ready for the changes he will instill in our country. Be sure you want the things he is advocating. Is Free Health Insurance your big issue? You do realize it wont be free...someone (middle class America...you and me...) will have to pay for it. Are you truly comfortable with his background and those he has in his "camp" or those who have funded his life? Have you looked at ACORN from both sides? Are you comfortable with his war policies, especially if you have a son or daughter in the military? Are you ready to listen to and follow Obama instead of Gen David Patraeus and the other chiefs? Are you ready to abandon Israel?

Please use the internet to check things out...dont just listen to the mainstream media or Joy whoever on the View.... Listen to it all!
I love the USA and I would rather have NO CHANGE than some of the changes that may be in the works!

Quilting Tip of the Day!
Grab some handwork and listen to talk radio!

1 comment:

Kathy Mom said...

I agree 100%. I am praying that people are given wisdom to choose what is best for our country.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive