Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back Home and behind!

Hello everyone! I'm finally home from Sioux City and at a point that I can sit with you and have a cup-o-c! I found my favorite coffee at the store the other day, so I'm sipping away...Hope you are too.

Sioux City was wonderful. The conference was a blast. A few of the speakers were painfully boring but for the most part it was fun, funny and full...full because we ate so much I thought I would burst. Just when you thought you ate it all..there was more...

The entertainment was excellent. The little girls at the top of the page are from a troupe of Mexican dancers that entertained us at lunchtime yesterday. They were all so beautiful and the costumes were amazing! Monday night we went to Sioux City's Orpheum Theatre to see Rockestra (see www.siouxcityrockestra.com) I'm telling you the truth when I say I thought the roof was going to come down on us... This is a full orchestra dedicated to turn all our rock and roll favorites into something new that will blow your mind! There were only about 300 of us in the audience but it felt like the place was full and we rocked the house down! Tuesday night was a blast too. We ate at a great restaurant called "Sweet Fannies". It was a locally owned place all decorated and dedicated to all the WWII fly boys. So quaint and the food was really yummy! There aren't many of the old guys left, but we sat in the booth decorated with one of the vet's pictures and turns out he comes there often and sits right in that booth. I have a special love for these old guys, as my daddy was one of them! My thanks continually go out to all or service people.

Anyway I got home yesterday afternoon only to hop in my car and travel to Omaha to see my chiro. Man was my neck locked up! So bad I was feeling somewhat nauseated after the adjustment. I will be so glad when this all gets better. It is, it is just going to take time.

I met Larry for supper at a Thai restaurant and home we came. I loafed all night and hit the sack by ten...

Quilting Tip of the Day...

More you might be a quilter if:
  • You cant balance your checkbook, but you can figure to the quarter yard, how much fabric you need to make a scrappy, queen sized Mariner's Compass Quilt.
  • There's no room in your pantry for food...its full of fabric...as are the hall closet, the china cabinet, and the guest bedroom. In fact your husband has threatened to put locks on his dresser drawers if you keep eyeing them the way you do!
  • Your insurance agent has suggested to add a rider to your policy to cover your fabric stash!
Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Kathy,
I've enjoyed looking at your blog with Cheryl, my sister-in-law, whose visiting us in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Teri

Kathy said...

Hi Teri...if you read this be sure to take care of "my" Cheryl. I miss her...tell her I cant wait til she comes back home. Im glad you enjoyed our blogs! Hope you will visit often.

Luann said...

Glad you had a great trip!! I hope you are feeling better tonight. It's so miserable to be in pain...GET WELL.

Kathy said...

Hey Luann,
Good to hear from you...I am getting better every day...I went to the chiropractor again today and man it hurts when he adjusts it, but it was SO locked up, it is going to take a while. I will go Tue and Fri next week. I have been hot packing it and taking pain medication (OTC) and trying not to do anything to strain it...like hold my head up...just kidding...THanks for your prayers..cuz I know you are! Love ya!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive