Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yea for IM!


The GW at Sunset!
Just finished talking to Jeff for awhile on IM...it was almost like talking to him on the phone! He should be able to call me within the next few days. Cell phones are strange there, so he has to be sure to get the right thing to avoid buyer remorse. There are free phones at the base rec center, but he said the lines are LONG with a 20 minute limit! Work is still keeping him busy(12 hour days one day and shorter but still long the other), just to keep them busy since they are pulling out again in just a few days. I guess they don't want to let them get to comfortable on land! He sounds good, but I have a list of things to talk to him about and I cant wait to hear his voice. I put myself on the Google alert for anything relating to the GW, so I have been getting some nice pics and articles. I'm sure next week at this "fleet" festival there will be some good ones! Indulge me as I share...

New grand-nephew has a name....BENJAMIN! Ben Schoening, welcome to the world. Watch for pics, I will go see him today!

"Quilting Tip of the Day!"

Yesterday I was sewing on the quilt top I'm making for my granddaughter. You wont be seeing pics of it though, because she might look at my blog and I don't want to spoil it. Let's just say she better not re paint her room in the next eight months!

Anyway, it just seemed like the machine was sort of chopping through my fabric and not sewing as smooth. Duh! I hadn't changed the needle in a LONG time! I don't even remember when the last time it was....so my tip today is to change your needle frequently. They aren't expensive and you can stock up when there is a sale or a coupon. The recommended amount is after every eight hours, but I think that was recommendation was made by the sewing machine needle company! I would say if you sew every day, change it every two weeks or push it to a month...you wont believe how nice it is! Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Luann said...

Great pictures, Kathy. When else will I see Japan? Glad you heard from Jeff and he's doing well...what an adventure.

Kathy Mom said...

I am so happy that you heard from Jeff. You'll have to tell me all about it--I am anxious to hear how he is doing.
Fabulous pictures-love the sunset.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive