Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Visions of What's to Be!

I've been spending the morning working in my sewing room . I have managed to take over the entire finished attic for my own. Heaven! The hard part is keeping it orgainized. I have the deadly disease of being a fabriholic. Im seriously infected and so far have not found a cure. I get close whenever I attempt reorgainization. Just looking at all this fabric makes me feel sick. But then new ideas begin to flood my mind and and I quietly wipe the nervous sweat off my brow and smile at the image of new and exciting projects that can be made from these wonderful fabrics. Wheee! I am so fortunate to be able to spend my whole day in my favorite place.

**QUILTING TIP OF THE DAY!"
Cleaning my sewing room today has given me many tips to share, but the one I will use is a great one if you cannot purchase under 3-4yds of a fabric. If you are like me and you get a really good deal on a really nice fabric you buy it all! This is a simple tip.
ASK FOR EMPTY CARDBOARD BOLTS!
Most shops are happy to get rid of them. They are awesome to use to store your fabric. Its so fun to see your sewing room all of a sudden look like a quilt shop! (are you as sick as me?) The fabric on bolt is easier to see. You can even mark the yardage on the end and deduct as you use. I however am not that orgainized, so I make an uneducated guess or I measure. Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Luann said...

You are too funny!! Nothing would make me crazy faster than thinking I had all that fabric and I would actually have to sew....yucky! I'm glad you love it and can be there to enjoy it.

Kathy Mom said...

Great idea--I would use this if I quilted. I love all the pretty fabrics--maybe I could just get fabric and do this. It would at least look like I quilted, or maybe even sew.
Actually you have given me an idea for my stain glass pieces. Thanks.

Kathy said...

Me funny? Says she who loves orgainizing cupboards! That would drive me crazy....Hope your day goes by fast so you can enjoy being at home...love ya!

Kathy said...

Kathy mom...thanks for enjoying my tip. You made me laugh! Then if I came to see you, I could raid your stash and add to my mess!

Luann said...

Those cat scriptures are so cool...even for dog lovers. Love the new heading on your page, too!!

Kathy said...

Thanks! I stumbled across the cat scriptures yesterday. I wish I could get them as a post a day thing, but cant figure out how. The email I sent the guy bounced. Anyway, the header is from there too. I just copied one of his pics. I will be changing it up quite regularly....
Have a great day! Im off to San Antonion in the morning, but taking my laptop! Love you!

Kathy Mom said...

I like the new look. The cat scriptures are wonderful!
Have fun in Texas, and be careful.

Luann said...

Have a great trip!!!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive