Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Thursday, September 4, 2008

Road Trip


Hey! Just a quick note today because Im on my way to San Antonio to see my son's best friend graduate from AirForce Boot Camp! Im so excited for him. I get to drive down with his parents, our good friends Patti and Dennis. My step mom lives there too so I will get to spend four days with her. I hope to be checking in and letting you know what Im up to. Pray for a safe trip for us! CONGRATULATIONS ANDREW!

I got to spend yesterday morning with my friend Nancy. We got all the strips cut for our guild's 2009 raffle quilt! Lots of strips laying around, so I had to be SURE to close the door to the quilting room. Nancy shared this tip with me...

**Quilt Tip of the Day"

When cutting strips of several (or many) different sizes, like for a log cabin quilt. Use old utensil trays or office storage trays that have little separaters in them. You can lay the different sizes in different units...watch garage sales, thrift shops or good sales and stock up on a few for your sewing room. You will find other good uses for them too. To store bobbins, threads, etc. Then when you are ready to sew they will be easy to find. If you need to, you can put a post it note on them noting the size... Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Luann said...

Drive--I mean ride carefully and have a great day!!

Kathy Mom said...

Have fun. Tell Carletta hello from me.
How about that Sarah Palin? She is fab.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive