Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh My Goodness I'm in a Time Warp!

This fine specimen of a record album is just one of about 180 I took photos of this past weekend, while in San Antonio. My stepmom wants to sell them to a dealer who will probably give her 50cents a piece for them. Me, in my stupidity suggested she try to get a little more out of them by putting them on ebay. Fun... So now I set myself up for another bunch of work.

It was fun going through the albums tho. Seeing what my father enjoyed made me feel closer to him somehow. I remember seeing these albums at their house for as far back as I can remember. I remember listening to the "party" albums when they were out for the evening (remember Krissy?). We felt so naughty! All those party albums are still in the stack and are most likely pretty mild.

It seems very strange to be slowly going thru his things and giving them away, selling them and otherwise clearing them out. It makes me feel funny, yet I know it's necessary. Its all part of letting go and moving on. Never easy.

"QUILTING TIP OF THE DAY!"

If you have fabric that you just wish was a little darker, try using leftover coffee or make some tea! Just put your pieces in it, let it sit til it appears a little bit darker than you want. Rinse out, let dry and use! As soon as you finish the quilt and wash it, any extra residue from the coffee or tea will be removed. Happy Quilting!




2 comments:

Luann said...

We still have a small stack of LP's. Just haven't had the heart to throw them all. I'm glad you have a chance to do this and remember your dad in the process. I may call you later...

Kathy Mom said...

Going through one's parents belongings can be so sad. I felt like I was invading their lives, and years of collecting. Who was I to determine what was precious to them and what wasn't. Well it must have all been saved for a reason. I felt like I was tearing apart their lives.
I dreaded having to make those determinations, but it has to be done, unless you live in a museum.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive