Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Tuesday, September 16, 2008

JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE!





Jeff writes and tells me how tired he is at the end of a long day at work. They are working 12-16 hours each day. He works at "home" and his rack is only up a few stairs from his shop. He gets a pretty good view now and then, but there is no TV reception, cell phone, texting or computers. The one computer he can use doesn't normally work too good. So communication isn't the greatest. These pics were taken in the last few weeks while they are out in the ocean somewhere doing training exercises while traveling to Asia. Quite the office, huh? I miss him.

Quilting Tip of the Day!

Last Saturday I had not one, but two birthday gifts to prepare for giving. NO PAPER! Depending on the recipient, think about using fabric! Raid your stash for the perfect piece to add to a friends stash. Or maybe even whip up a little pillow case out of juvinile prints and use that as a "gift bag". This is a great hint for all year round, and Christmas too!

5 comments:

Kathy Mom said...

What an opportunity-just to say you have served on this beautiful ship is an honor. I know you are so proud of Jeff. He is giving 110% and that will pay off. Good job Jeff!

Kathy said...

Thanks for your comment. I will call you this afternoon...I got a good long email from Jeff this morning. He is so incredibly awesome! Im lonely for him today...can you tell?

Luann said...

Those are great pix...I'm so glad that he is finding his spot and that it is making him even more a man integrity...that is a blessing

Kathy said...

Thanks for your comment luann...I found these pics on the GW website. They were taken during the past couple weeks. Jeff should be hitting dry land in just a couple days or so...I hope to hear his voice...maybe...

Luann said...

I hope he can call too...dry land will feel different now I'm sure. Always good to hear his voice and know he's safe.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive