Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jeff arrives at his new home!


Crews on the nuclear-powered U.S. aircraft carrier USS George Washington form letters, which means ' Nice to meet you,' as it approaches Yokosuka Naval Base in Yokosuka, south of Tokyo Thursday, Sept. 25, 2008. The giant warship arrived Thursday at its new home port, welcomed by a mix of cheering crowds and protesters.

(AP Photo/Kyodo News)

Welcome to Yokosuko?
(pronounced...yah-sue'-ka)

Well, not really a warm welcome from these people. According to yahoo news, the G-dub arrived in Japan today to a cheering crowd and a brass band, but also several hundred Japanese protesters. Many in Japan do not want the GW there..because they fear the nuclear power. I'm hoping to hear from Jeff either tonight or tomorrow. His time is 14 hours ahead of ours, so its more than a half a day ahead. He will only be in port for a few days and then out again for I don't know how long...yet...

I had a good day. My sister called, desperately wanting to get out of the house for a while. I went to Glenwood to pick her up. We did lunch and a movie (Righteous Kill)and then I took her home. It was fun. Still no grand niece! Tomorrow night, Heidi will go in and get induced, if nothing happens tonight. Poor thing. I hope and pray all will go well with her.

"Quilting Tip of the Day"

Finding fun fabric for those tiny inner borders can be kind of dull. Why not pick a plaid or a stripe??? Plaids and stripes give texture and movement to your otherwise perhaps "flat" quilt. Don't worry about all the lines being even and matching...just go for it and have fun. I try to put a little linear fabric in all my quilts...adds a ton of interest! Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Luann said...

I'm sure you're glad that jeff is in port at least for a while. I'm glad that you're home again. What did you think of the show tonight? Have a great day tomorrow and maybe I'll see you over the weekend.

Kathy said...

I thought it was good...and Im still voting for the violinists! I love them and would actually like to see them in person...what a show they could put together! Will talk to you soon! I added a new pic to the blog...check it out...

Luann said...

Do like your pix. So cool that you can have those to feel closer to Jeff.

Kathy Mom said...

Just looking at that massive ship gives me goose bumps. It also fills me with pride-to think that Jeff is part of it.

Kathy said...

Thanks kath,
hope your hands feel better later...

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive