Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Sunday, September 14, 2008

I LOVE MY QUILTING FRIENDS!


One of hardest part of leaving the "City" and coming to my small town of Walnut, was leaving behind my group of ladies that love to quilt. You know, the ones that "get" me...and my disease. I try to go back and spend time with them, but as life gets busier and busier and gas keeps getting higher and higher, that happens less and less often.

It's taken five years, but I'm finally settling down in my little town with some new quilting friends...you KNOW who you are! What fun we had yesterday, putting together our 2009 raffle quilt. The top is finished except for the borders, which Nancy so kindly offered to put on for us. We found the perfect fabric to finish it off. There were seven of our ten members present to assist with the quilt top. I'm sure the other 3 would have been there if they could have been. Work and health issues tend to interfere. We were so happy to have Elenore join us, even if she can still only watch...gotta keep her quilting juices flowing! It is amazing how much can get compled with many hands! I'm looking forward to some winter days, a warm pot of soup and some happy quilting with these ladies!"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-- yes, establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90

Check out my little video on www.nvqg-walnut.blogspot.com

"Quilting Tip of the Day!"
This one comes from my new quilting friend Ione...when sewing together a row of blocks, an easy way to keep them in order and not forget their position (who me? forget?) pin them all together before even going to the machine! Now I don't mean put them right sides together and pin totally in place, I mean as they are laying correctly on the floor or your design wall (oh don't I wish!) just take ONE pin, to connect each block to each other...then when you get to the machine, you can turn them right sides together etc as you get to that block. Its amazing how much time that saves ( and also cuts down on "unsewing") ...just remember which end is "up"! Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Kathy Mom said...

ob·ses·sion Pronunciation[uhb-sesh-uhn]
–noun
1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.

You can be helped-that is if you will accept help-which I have the feeling you won't.

Kathy Mom said...

Hey-wait a minute--what about your
non-quilting BFF?

Kathy said...

Its called balance:
a: an aesthetically pleasing integration of elements

and of course you know I love you for the balance you bring to my friendships! You ARE my bff

Kathy Mom said...

If you have one true friend, you have more than your share. ~Thomas Fuller~

“When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.” TaDa!!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive