Thank you for visiting my blog

A casual blog highlighting my life with kids, grandkids and kitties...Also an avenue to show some items from my etsy shops.


**Please note..The other half of my life is dovoted to helping feral and free roaming cats in Walnut and the surrounding areas. You can learn more and follow our activites there at Walnut Iowa's Feral Cat Program! **







Friday, September 19, 2008

Heidi and Dan and ?????

This is my niece Heidi and her husband Dan.This picture was taken when met for supper a few weeks back while my sister was visiting. Heidi and Dan are expecting their first baby and last I heard, she was in early labor. My sister is here from Nevada to be present for the birth. Of course I'm praying all will go well with the delivery. Waiting on pins and needles for the whole ordeal to be over! They are having a little girl, but the name is a surprise! It's probably Kathleen Anne after her favorite aunt...maybe not.

Psalm 139:13-16
  • For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
  • I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
  • My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
  • your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Special note on Dan. He is a member of the band, Prairie Cats...see www.prairiecats.com
From their website:

"Prairie Cats hail from the very heart of the heartland: Omaha, Nebraska. Formed in late summer of 1998, the 8-piece band delivers an all-original "pop-swing" mix of jump-blues, big band, rockabilly, latin and bop, delivered in an all-out rock attack. But it all swings, Jack...make no mistake about it."

They are awesome! Hey Cats! Try out for America's Got Talent!

"Quilt Tip of the Day"
This is another tip that can be used in your world even if you arent a quilter. If you have a problem with odor in a fabric,( a quilt, garment etc), listen up. Take a bar of gold dial soap. Cut the bar in half or 3rds. Wrap in a paper towel and secure with rubber band. Put quilt or item (along with the soap) in a box or bag for a day or two. This should do the trick. This is a good thing to do if something will be stored for a time, to keep the musty smell out. Even drawers...I could go on and on...but you get the idea!

6 comments:

Luann said...

Prairie Cats sounds familiar--must have heard that name somewhere. Where is the baby being born? Exciting stuff!! I'm sure you're right about the favorite aunt thing...

Kathy said...

They have played around the area, Im sure.. They are really good. Sort of swing, zoot suit type music. I love them...

Baby is being born in CB.Jennie E. I cant wait. Its my sisters first grandbaby and she is really excited.

No, Im sure the name isnt Kathleen Anne...rats...I dont think anyone is going to be named after plain old Kathy. Its ok tho. I never like my name until I grew up anyway.

Luann said...

Baby here yet?

Kathy said...

No baby yet ! They actually went in last night, thinking it was time, but even tho she had had constant labor pains for two hours at 5 min apart...not strong enough and her cervix is still thick...so they are still waiting. pains come and go...I told her to take a warm bath, drink a glass of wine and eat Mexican food! We will see. Wish you were going with us tomorrow night. :(

Luann said...

Duh---of course you have plans for tomorrow night...I must be tired!!

Kathy Mom said...

Oh my gosh--are you a Great Aunt yet?? Is Kris a Grandma? I can't get over how much Heidi looks like her Mom. This certainly is exciting!!

Google Search HERE!!

Custom Search

Your Google Results Here!

Followers

Blog Archive